monarch is a state-of-the-art open system architecture designed for unequaled portability and is available on various high-performance hardware and operating system platforms
It is an extensible system that scales well from relatively small single-server/workstation systems to very large distributed network systems.
The monarch architecture meets the key criteria for a truly open system: it offers multiple choices in terms of hardware, operating system and database platforms, and is expandable, upgradeable and maintainable to the highest degree possible.
Key features of the monarch platform:
- Support for multiple operating systems including Microsoft Windows®, Unix® and Linux®
- Support for all popular relational database management systems
- Secure segmented architecture with multiple points of defense and a robust security shield
- Network-based and distributed (IP-based) front-end communications interface
- Support for IP-based RTUs, IEDs, PLCs, meters and substation automation nodes
- Support for many popular RTU protocols including legacy and open protocols such as DNP and IEC
- Support for secure Microsoft Windows or Web-based lightweight operator user interface