monarch™ is a state-of-the-art open system architecture designed for unequaled portability and is available on various high-performance hardware and operating system platforms.
It is an extensible system that scales well from relatively smaller applications to very large distributed network systems.
The monarch architecture meets the key criteria for a truly open system; it offers multiple choices in terms of hardware, operating system, virtualization and database platforms, and is expandable, upgradeable and maintainable to the highest degree possible.
Key features of the monarch platform:
- Support for multiple operating systems including Microsoft Windows®, Linux® and UNIX®
- Support for all popular relational database management systems
- Support for physical or virtualized configurations
- Secure segmented architecture with multiple points of defense and a robust security shield
- Network-based and distributed (IP-based) front-end communications interface to field devices
- Support for many popular RTU protocols including legacy and open protocols such as DNP, MODBUS and IEC
- Support for secure Microsoft Windows or web-based lightweight operator user interface
- Advanced data visualization and user interface including 3D rendering and virtualization
- Support for advanced Situational Awareness capability
- Business Rules Engine and dashboards for Real-time Business Intelligence
- Seamless integration with external enterprise applications
- Secure integration with mobile devices, smart phones and tablets
- Integration with email, SMS and social media for information dissemination
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office® or other enterprise applications for reporting and analytics
- High capacity and throughput for processing large volumes of events and data changes
- Support of hundreds of user clients, either local or mobile web users
- Support for Big Data technologies for massive data time-series data storage and analytics