The future is coming...
Cumulus™ is a next generation, cloud-based architecture designed to meet the demands of future operations systems and built on disruptive global and utility industry technology trends. At its core the same proven monarch™ kernels are deployed and further expanded to support a uniform cloud architecture.
Key features of the Cumulus platform:
- Support for the Utility of the Future and Utility Internet/Intranet of Things—millions of smart devices and data points, thousands of users
- Cloud and Big Data based platform with broad network access and a global architecture
- Securely connects everything utility: power system equipment, substation devices, customers, crews, decisions and actions
- Accommodates and replaces multi-level system hierarchies with tens of millions of points
- Utilities with diverse geographies, control areas and control systems can consolidate on a single Cloud architecture realizing unsurpassed economies
- Virtualized, highly available and location-transparent Operations Technology (OT) services
- Distributed over multiple active data centers, scalable and elastic
- Granular and transparent disaster recovery and failover by logical function/grouping
- Big Data Technologies at its core
- Based on highly scalable, distributed, state-of-the-art data architecture
- Real-time, historical, application and source data
- Built-in clustering and data location transparency
- Heterogeneous client/cloud support - traditional workstations, mobile and location aware devices